Rebecca Hale of The Primal Sexy shares her Primal journey, as well as general tips and specific tips for women contemplating taking the Paleo plunge:
I started eating Primal almost a year and a half ago. Since then I’ve been enjoying steaks, bacon, eggs, and butter in amounts that would have terrified my pre-Primal self. I’ve ditched the chronic cardio and instead starting doing heavy squats and using the bench press. But won’t all of that fat clog your arteries and go straight to your thighs? Won’t all those weights make you bulky?
Our society has been taught to fear fat. And females have been taught to fear the weight room. But I’m here to tell you from personal experience that eating fat doesn’t make you fat, and lifting weights doesn’t make you bulky.
Here are 5 reasons why the Primal lifestyle is GREAT for GIRLS:
- You Don’t Have to Count Calories
- Today’s society puts a lot of pressure on women to stay skinny and tells us to do so by counting our calories. However, anyone who has actually tried counting calories will tell you it’s an exhausting method of weight maintenance. You often leave meals still hungry or guilty for over-indulging and quickly develop an unhealthy relationship with food. Eating Primal allows you to stop seeing food as calorie bombs designed to make you fat, and enables you to see food as nutrient bombs designed to heal, strengthen, and fuel your body.
- No More Countless Hours in the Gym
- In order to burn excess calories and avoid “bulking-up,” many women do hours of cardio in the gym every week. Unfortunately all that cardio is time-consuming, boring, and not effective. Once you start eating right and stop obsessing over calories, you’ll soon see you don’t need to spend hours in the gym to maintain a good physique. I’m currently in the best shape of my entire life and I spend less than 3 hours per week working-out (most of which is spent lifting heavy weights).
- Lifting Gives You Killer Curves
Don’t think so? Judge for yourselves:
- I’ll admit it, since I started lifting heavy weights my muscles have gotten bigger. But my stomach has also gotten flatter, my back has gotten smoother, and my ass is looking phenomenal. Lifting doesn’t make you “bulky;” it makes you sexy.
- You Will Have Fewer Health Problems
- Ever heard the saying “girls don’t poop?” Well for all the women suffering from chronic constipation, it’s true. Constipation is very common among females, but no one likes to talk about it. Personally I suffered with it for almost 7 years before I realized that a life of stomach cramps, gas, and laxatives isn’t necessary. Since beginning to eat Primal I’ve been able to completely ditch the medications and haven’t suffered from constipation since. I also get less acne, fewer colds, and lighter periods. Your body functions better when you eat Primally.
- Healthiness is Happiness.
- A Primal lifestyle allows you to eat delicious food, spend less time in the gym, have killer curves, and a better functioning body. All of those benefits combined result in a healthy lifestyle, both physically and mentally. And as I’ve learned from personal experience, healthiness leads to happiness. And happiness leads to confidence. And confidence is undeniably sexy.