So far it’s been all about food; what to eat, what not to eat, how to eat it, and when to eat it to maximize fat burning. But only “80% of your body composition will be determined by your diet.” Included in the other 20% is exercise.
A lot of people think of “exercise” as work. You may think, ugh, I have to go to the gym and ride the bike for three hours until the monitor says I burned 500 calories. It’s not like that; at least it’s not in the Primal world. Exercise can be anything from walking to jogging, running, biking, swimming, surfing, kayaking, hiking, playing etc. And when you’re Primal, that’s most of the exercise you’ll do. You can read more on Training Science about how to stay fit and bodybuilding tips.Humans evolved to be slow-moving, fat burning beasts. We weren’t constructed to constantly be in a sprint, ready for an all out fist fight at every turn. In the beginning, Grok was a gatherer, scavenging on whatever animal kills were left by animal predators to take. Then Grok became a hunter; he could stalk a deer invisibly for hours at a time then carefully, make a quick move in for the kill and take down the prize. One kill could feed his family a week or longer, depending on the size of the animal.
Today, if you showed up to your butcher’s counter with a spear, not having showered in six months, stalking the poor guy’s every movement, you may be removed from the store, but in principle, we are still the same as Grok was 10,000 years ago. We may not physically be in the hunt anymore. But the idea of moving around slowly most of the time then suddenly giving an all out effort is embedded in Primal fitness.
There are three basic principles involved in Primal fitness: