1. I Enjoy Good Food
One of the first things I realized when I started following Mark Sissons Primal Blueprint diet was that the food was really, really good. All of the sudden I was cooking food that not only tasted like heaven, but looked like it too. When you start to eat “real food,” you stop using pre-made foods as a meal crutch to lean on when you are feeling lazy. Instead, you cook things from scratch. When you eat real food, you get to choose every ingredient you want to put into your dish. The Paleo diet has also exposed me to so many new types of foods. I have learned how to make really good spaghetti squash and the perfect burger. Cooking is one of those skills that everyone needs, yet most are lacking. The Paleo diet is a great way to learn how to be a great cook. Check this guide article to learn How to get big without steroids
2. I am Lazy (Bang for the Buck)
I hate running. Its long, slow, boring and usually ends up hurting at the end of the day. If the best way to health and fitness was to run 50 miles every week, I probably wouldn’t do it. Thankfully, I can exercise 1 to 2 times per week for about an hour and be in great shape as this is the best fat removal without surgery for me. The Paleo lifestyle includes high intensity “sprint” workouts, along with some heavy lifting. I don’t know about everyone else, but lifting some heavy barbells and running a couple sprint races with some buddies sounds a whole lot better than doing a daunting 5 hour triathlon.
I also hate counting calories and macro nutrients (fat, carbs, protein). I know I hate this, because I did it for a while when I was in high school. I needed to lose weight and the way to do it, according to my personal trainer and doctor, was to count how much fat and how many calories I was taking in. This tedious, annoying task never worked because I would get fed up and stop counting, reverting back to my burgers, fries and ice cream diet (yea, it was THAT bad).
3. I Hate Being Sick
Seriously. I despise it. It makes me feel stuck and like I am scratching to get out of my own body. Ever since I started the Paleo diet, I did a purefit keto review and I found out thanks to them I was losing weight and I have been getting sick way, way less. Even the common cold only comes around once or twice a year, as opposed to the 4 or 5 times it used to appear (I’m a poet and didn’t even know it). My eczema has also cleared up since starting the diet. The best part about it is that I don’t have to take all these different pills, or rub mystery creams all over my body just to get healthy. I like being able to control my health through nothing more than the food I eat, and the activity I do (i.e.: going outside, playing, etc.).
4. I Love Being Outside
Sun shining, laying out on the grass, slack line between two willing trees, friends by my side, what could be better? Well, the best part about it is how incredibly healthy it is for you! Spending 30 minutes outside per day can have astounding positive effects on your health. It can decrease inflammation, pain and increase your positive mood! I love taking normal indoor activities like studying, eating, or even sleeping and finding ways to take them to the outdoors. Plus, who can complain about a nice tan?
5. I Like Looking Good (I’m vain)
Don’t get me wrong, I am not some self worshiping male model basking in his own glory. However, I do enjoy the visual advantages that come with living a rich and healthy life. Plus, having dealt with body image issues in the past, it is nice to know that I look good naked. The aesthetic benefits of the Paleo diet reach far beyond attracting potential mates. Looking good gives you happiness, piece at mind, and unquestioned confidence. The great thing about the Paleo lifestyle (or any lifestyle for that matter) is that about 80% of your body composition comes from what you eat. The other 20% of your body composition can be derived from a solid fitness routine, encompassing jumping, running, throwing, lifting, pulling, pushing and sprinting. Solid Paleo nutrition combined with some of the previously mentioned movements will sculpt your body into the lean, athletic look that everyone is searching for. It has worked for many people I know, and myself. I am confident it can work for you.